API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 06/09/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL, Anthony Bourdain / A memoir-exposé of the restaurant world. Originally published in 2000.
- 2 (1). CALYPSO, David Sedaris / A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
- 3 (-). TRUMP'S AMERICA, Newt Gingrich / The former speaker of the House’s views on the achievements of and obstacles facing the current administration.
- 4 (-). THE SUN DOES SHINE, Anthony Ray Hinton with Lara Love Hardin / A wrongfully imprisoned man on death row becomes a beacon to his fellow inmates.
- 5 (-). THE WORLD AS IT IS, Ben Rhodes / A memoir by the former speechwriter and deputy national security advisor to President Obama.
- 6 (5). HOW TO CHANGE YOUR MIND, Michael Pollan / A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
- 7 (15). FACTFULNESS, Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund / A look at our biases and the argument for why the world is in a better state than we might think.
- 8 (2). THE SOUL OF AMERICA, Jon Meacham / The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
- 9 (-). LINCOLN'S LAST TRIAL, Dan Abrams and David Fisher / The 1859 courtroom battle in which Abraham Lincoln defended the murderer of his protégé.
- 10 (8). KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, David Grann / The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
- 11 (7). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 12 (11). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 13 (3). THE RESTLESS WAVE, John McCain and Mark Salter / A memoir by the Republican senator from Arizona.
- 14 (13). HILLBILLY ELEGY, JD Vance / A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of the white working class through the story of his own childhood.
- 15 (9). BAD BLOOD, John Carreyrou / The rise and fall of Theranos, the biotech startup that failed to deliver on its promise to make blood testing more efficient.