API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 05/12/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). THE SOUL OF AMERICA, Jon Meacham / The Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer contextualizes the present political climate through the lens of difficult moments in American history.
- 2 (-). BARRACOON, Zora Neale Hurston / A previously unpublished, first-person account of Cudjo Lewis, a man who was transported and enslaved 50 years after the slave trade was banned.
- 3 (1). A HIGHER LOYALTY, James Comey / The former F.B.I. director recounts cases and personal events that shaped his outlook on justice, and analyzes the leadership styles of three presidents.
- 4 (2). I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK, Michelle McNamara / The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
- 5 (5). KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, David Grann / The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
- 6 (3). HILLBILLY ELEGY, JD Vance / A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of the white working class through the story of his own childhood.
- 7 (4). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 8 (6). WAR ON PEACE, Ronan Farrow / The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist chronicles the deterioration of American diplomacy.
- 9 (-). MEASURE WHAT MATTERS, John Doerr / How a goal-setting system helped large tech companies succeed.
- 10 (-). THE ORDER OF TIME, Carlo Rovelli / The Italian theoretical physicist uses ideas based in philosophy, science and literature to explore the mysteries of time.
- 11 (11). THE LIGHT WITHIN ME, Ainsley Earhardt with Mark Tabb / A memoir by one of the hosts of “Fox & Friends.”
- 12 (8). THE ASSAULT ON INTELLIGENCE, Michael V Hayden / A former director of the N.S.A. and the C.I.A. identifies domestic and international threats to the American intelligence community.
- 13 (7). FASCISM: A Warning, Madeleine Albright with Bill Woodward / The former secretary of state examines the legacy of fascism in the 20th century and its potential revival.
- 14 (-). OUR TOWNS, James Fallows and Deborah Fallows / A couple who flew around America in a single-engine prop airplane describe how solutions for issues faced on a local level differ from national-level dysfunction.
- 15 (12). FACTFULNESS, Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Rönnlund / A look at our biases and the argument for why the world is in a better state than we might think.