API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 11/17/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). BECOMING, Michelle Obama / The former first lady describes her journey from the South Side of Chicago to the White House, and how she balanced work, family and her husband’s political ascent.
- 2 (2). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 3 (1). KILLING THE SS, Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard / A look at the postwar manhunt for members of Hitler’s inner circle.
- 4 (5). FEAR, Bob Woodward / Based on hours of interviews with sources, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes debates and decision-making within the Trump White House.
- 5 (3). SHIP OF FOOLS, Tucker Carlson / The Fox News anchor argues that America’s ruling class is out of touch with everyday citizens.
- 6 (8). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 7 (-). LET'S GO (SO WE CAN GET BACK), Jeff Tweedy / The founding member of the rock band Wilco discusses his life and artistic process.
- 8 (-). ABOUT MY MOTHER, Peggy Rowe / The relationship between a mother and daughter who had separate interests.
- 9 (6). LEADERSHIP, Doris Kearns Goodwin / The challenges that shaped the leadership abilities of four presidents: Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 10 (7). BRIEF ANSWERS TO THE BIG QUESTIONS, Stephen Hawking / A collection of essays from the late scientist’s personal archive that address 10 imponderables.
- 11 (10). THE FIFTH RISK, Michael Lewis / The author of "The Big Short" examines how the Trump administration staffs its federal agencies.
- 12 (4). BEASTIE BOYS BOOK, Michael Diamond and Adam Horovitz / The story of the New York band who went from performing hardcore punk music to hip hop stardom.
- 13 (-). THE LIBRARY BOOK, Susan Orlean / The story of the 1986 fire at the Los Angeles Public Library provides a backdrop to the evolution and purpose of libraries.
- 14 (9). BEAUTIFUL BOY, David Sheff / A father struggles with his son's meth addiction.
- 15 (-). PROOF OF COLLUSION, Seth Abramson / A case for how the current president might have compromised American foreign policy in exchange for financial gain and covert election assistance.