API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 03/10/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (1). I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK, Michelle McNamara / The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
- 2 (3). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 3 (4). FIRE AND FURY, Michael Wolff / A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
- 4 (-). BACHELOR NATION, Amy Kaufman / An insider look at the Bachelor franchise and its effect on society.
- 5 (5). ENLIGHTENMENT NOW, Steven Pinker / A case for using reason, science and humanism to counter pessimistic views of Western civilization.
- 6 (11). THE LAST BLACK UNICORN, Tiffany Haddish / The comedian recounts growing up in South Central Los Angeles and finding success after a period of homelessness.
- 7 (8). ASTROPHYSICS FOR PEOPLE IN A HURRY, Neil deGrasse Tyson / A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the laws that govern the universe.
- 8 (6). KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, David Grann / The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
- 9 (7). OBAMA, Pete Souza / More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
- 10 (-). UNMASKED, Andrew Lloyd Webber / A memoir by the musical theater composer and impresario, whose works include “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Cats” and “Evita.”
- 11 (9). BORN A CRIME, Trevor Noah / A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the host of “The Daily Show.”
- 12 (12). THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY, Michio Kaku / The physicist describes how humans might develop civilization in outer space and possibly become immortal.
- 13 (2). SKIN IN THE GAME, Nassim Nicholas Taleb / An argument for taking on risk.
- 14 (14). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 15 (10). LEONARDO DA VINCI, Walter Isaacson / A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath that connects his work in various disciplines.