API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 07/13/2019, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). THREE WOMEN, Lisa Taddeo / The inequality of female desire is explored through the sex lives of a homemaker, a high school student and a restaurant owner.
- 2 (1). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 3 (-). JUSTICE ON TRIAL, Mollie Hemingway and Carrie Severino / The conservative authors give their take on the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
- 4 (2). THE PIONEERS, David McCullough / The Pulitzer Prize-winning historian tells the story of the settling of the Northwest Territory through five main characters.
- 5 (4). BECOMING, Michelle Obama / The former first lady describes her journey from the South Side of Chicago to the White House, and how she balanced work, family and her husband’s political ascent.
- 6 (3). UNFREEDOM OF THE PRESS, Mark R Levin / The conservative commentator and radio host makes his case that the press is aligned with political ideology.
- 7 (-). AMERICA'S RELUCTANT PRINCE, Steven M Gillon / A historian describes John F. Kennedy Jr. through the lens of their decades-long friendship.
- 8 (7). THE MUELLER REPORT, with related materials The Washington Post / Redacted findings from the special counsel’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and potential obstruction of justice by the president.
- 9 (5). BORN A CRIME, Trevor Noah / A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the host of “The Daily Show.”
- 10 (8). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 11 (12). MAYBE YOU SHOULD TALK TO SOMEONE, Lori Gottlieb / A psychotherapist gains unexpected insights when she becomes another therapist’s patient.
- 12 (-). FILTHY RICH, James Patterson and John Connolly with Tim Malloy / The story of a South Florida financier convicted of soliciting sex from underage girls.
- 13 (10). SONGS OF AMERICA, Jon Meacham and Tim McGraw / Pulitzer Prize winner Jon Meacham and Grammy Award winner Tim McGraw explore how America was shaped by music.
- 14 (-). WHITE FRAGILITY, Robin DiAngelo / Historical and cultural analyses on what causes defensive moves by white people and how this inhibits cross-racial dialogue.
- 15 (9). THE BRITISH ARE COMING, Rick Atkinson / The Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and journalist begins his Revolution Trilogy with events from 1775 to 1777.