API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 12/08/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (1). BECOMING, Michelle Obama / The former first lady describes her journey from the South Side of Chicago to the White House, and how she balanced work, family and her husband’s political ascent.
- 2 (-). THE POINT OF IT ALL, Charles Krauthammer, / A collection of essays, speeches and unpublished writings by the late conservative columnist.
- 3 (2). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 4 (3). KILLING THE SS, Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard / A look at the postwar manhunt for members of Hitler’s inner circle.
- 5 (6). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 6 (9). LEADERSHIP, Doris Kearns Goodwin / The challenges that shaped the leadership abilities of four presidents: Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 7 (8). BEASTIE BOYS BOOK, Michael Diamond and Adam Horovitz / The story of the New York band who went from performing hardcore punk music to hip hop stardom.
- 8 (4). SHADE, Pete Souza / The former White House photographer juxtaposes pictures of former President Obama with tweets, headlines and quotes from the Trump administration.
- 9 (-). BAD BLOOD, John Carreyrou / The rise and fall of Theranos, the biotech startup that failed to deliver on its promise to make blood testing more efficient.
- 10 (7). SHIP OF FOOLS, Tucker Carlson / The Fox News anchor argues that America’s ruling class is out of touch with everyday citizens.
- 11 (13). BRIEF ANSWERS TO THE BIG QUESTIONS, Stephen Hawking / A collection of essays from the late scientist’s personal archive that address 10 imponderables.
- 12 (10). FEAR, Bob Woodward / Based on hours of interviews with sources, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes debates and decision-making within the Trump White House.
- 13 (-). DESTINY AND POWER, Jon Meacham / A biography of George H.W. Bush.
- 14 (14). THE LIBRARY BOOK, Susan Orlean / The story of the 1986 fire at the Los Angeles Public Library provides a backdrop to the evolution and purpose of libraries.
- 15 (12). ASTROPHYSICS FOR PEOPLE IN A HURRY, Neil deGrasse Tyson / A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the laws that govern the universe.