API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 06/17/2017, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). UNDERSTANDING TRUMP, Newt Gingrich / The former House speaker explains the president’s philosophy and political agenda.
- 2 (2). AL FRANKEN, GIANT OF THE SENATE, Al Franken / A memoir by the Democratic senator from Minnesota and former “Saturday Night Live” writer and performer.
- 3 (3). ASTROPHYSICS FOR PEOPLE IN A HURRY, Neil deGrasse Tyson / A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the laws that govern the universe.
- 4 (1). I CAN'T MAKE THIS UP, Kevin Hart with Neil Strauss / The comedian’s personal and professional life.
- 5 (6). HILLBILLY ELEGY, J D Vance / A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of the white working class through the story of his own childhood.
- 6 (-). HUNGER, Roxane Gay / The fiction writer and essayist’s memoir about life as a “woman of size.”
- 7 (4). THEFT BY FINDING, David Sedaris / Excerpts from the writer’s diaries, 1977-2002.
- 8 (7). BILL O'REILLY'S LEGENDS AND LIES: THE CIVIL WAR, David Fisher / Stories of the Civil War; a companion to the Fox historical docudrama.
- 9 (9). HUE 1968, Mark Bowden / An account of the Tet Offensive battle that was a turning point in the American war in Vietnam.
- 10 (5). OPTION B, Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant / Sandberg’s experience after her husband’s sudden death and Grant’s psychological research combine to provide insight on facing adversity and building resilience.
- 11 (11). KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, David Grann / The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
- 12 (-). THE AMERICAN SPIRIT, David McCullough / A collection of speeches by the Pulitzer Prize-winning historian, focused on American values.
- 13 (8). ON TYRANNY, Timothy Snyder / Twenty lessons from the 20th century about the course of tyranny.
- 14 (-). NO IS NOT ENOUGH, Naomi Klein / Klein describes Trump's "corporate coup" and offers suggestions for how to oppose him.
- 15 (-). YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE ME, Sherman Alexie / The Indian writer’s memoir of his complicated relationship with his mother.