API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 08/11/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). EVERYTHING TRUMP TOUCHES DIES, Rick Wilson / The Republican political campaign strategist gives his take on the current president and offers a way forward for conservatives.
- 2 (1). THE RUSSIA HOAX, Gregg Jarrett / The Fox News analyst makes his case against the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
- 3 (3). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 4 (2). LIARS, LEAKERS AND LIBERALS, Jeanine Pirro / The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
- 5 (-). DOPESICK, Beth Macy / An in-depth look at how opioid addiction affects Americans across geographic and class lines.
- 6 (10). DEATH OF A NATION, Dinesh D'Souza / A companion text to the conservative author and filmmaker’s documentary, which offers an alternative history of the Democratic Party.
- 7 (5). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 8 (-). BLACK KLANSMAN, Ron Stallworth / The first black detective of the Colorado Springs Police Department goes undercover to investigate the Ku Klux Klan.
- 9 (9). BAD BLOOD, John Carreyrou / The rise and fall of Theranos, the biotech startup that failed to deliver on its promise to make blood testing more efficient.
- 10 (6). INDIANAPOLIS, Lynn Vincent and Sara Vladic / A newly researched look into the sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis, the story of the survivors and the fight to exonerate the court-martialed skipper.
- 11 (11). KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL, Anthony Bourdain / A memoir-exposé of the restaurant world. Originally published in 2000.
- 12 (7). CALYPSO, David Sedaris / A collection of comedic stories on mortality, middle age and a beach house dubbed the Sea Section.
- 13 (8). KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, David Grann / The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
- 14 (-). NINETY-NINE GLIMPSES OF PRINCESS MARGARET, Craig Brown / A kaleidoscopic biography of the enigmatic younger sister of Queen Elizabeth II, derived from a broad range of source materials.
- 15 (12). THE SOUL OF AMERICA, Jon Meacham / The present political climate is contextualized through the lens of difficult moments in American history.