API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 02/16/2019, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (1). BECOMING, Michelle Obama / The former first lady describes her journey from the South Side of Chicago to the White House, and how she balanced work, family and her husband’s political ascent.
- 2 (2). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 3 (-). GRATEFUL AMERICAN, Gary Sinise with Marcus Brotherton / The Oscar-nominated actor describes how he has entertained troops and helped veterans.
- 4 (3). BAD BLOOD, John Carreyrou / The rise and fall of Theranos, the biotech startup that failed to deliver on its promise to make blood testing more efficient.
- 5 (4). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 6 (-). BORN A CRIME, Trevor Noah / A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the host of “The Daily Show.”
- 7 (5). THE FIRST CONSPIRACY, Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch / The story of a secret plot to kill George Washington in 1776.
- 8 (15). MAID, Stephanie Land / An unexpected pregnancy forces the author to navigate challenges faced by the working poor.
- 9 (7). WOMEN ROWING NORTH, Mary Pipher / Reflections on the ageism, misogyny and loss that women might encounter as they grow older.
- 10 (11). THE LIBRARY BOOK, Susan Orlean / The story of the 1986 fire at the Los Angeles Public Library provides a backdrop to the evolution and purpose of libraries.
- 11 (-). KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, David Grann / The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
- 12 (-). MIDNIGHT IN CHERNOBYL, Adam Higginbotham / An account of the 1986 disaster at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, based on hundreds of hours of interviews.
- 13 (13). LET ME FINISH, Chris Christie / The former governor of New Jersey describes his relationship with President Trump and the tensions among others close to the president.
- 14 (-). SHORTEST WAY HOME, Pete Buttigieg / A memoir by the current mayor of South Bend, Ind., and the first openly gay Democratic candidate to run for president of the United States.
- 15 (10). A SERIAL KILLER'S DAUGHTER, Kerri Rawson / A woman rebuilds her life after she learns her father is the infamous killer known as BTK.