API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 04/13/2019, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). LIFE WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME, Chelsea Handler / The comedian chronicles going into therapy and becoming an advocate for change.
- 2 (1). BECOMING, Michelle Obama / The former first lady describes her journey from the South Side of Chicago to the White House, and how she balanced work, family and her husband’s political ascent.
- 3 (2). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 4 (6). MAYBE YOU SHOULD TALK TO SOMEONE, Lori Gottlieb / A psychotherapist gains unexpected insights when she becomes another therapist’s patient.
- 5 (3). THE MATRIARCH, Susan Page / A biography of the former first lady Barbara Bush, based on interviews and her private diaries.
- 6 (8). BAD BLOOD, John Carreyrou / The rise and fall of Theranos, the biotech startup that failed to deliver on its promise to make blood testing more efficient.
- 7 (4). THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, Ben Shapiro / The conservative political commentator reflects upon what he considers most impactful to Western civilization.
- 8 (7). COMMANDER IN CHEAT, Rick Reilly / A sportswriter handicaps the current president’s character, based on how he plays golf.
- 9 (5). LADIES WHO PUNCH, Ramin Setoodeh / A behind-the-scenes look at the daytime talk show “The View.”
- 10 (-). WORKING, Robert A Caro / The Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer shares insights into his craft.
- 11 (15). SAVE ME THE PLUMS, Ruth Reichl / A memoir by the former restaurant critic of The New York Times and editor in chief of Gourmet.
- 12 (12). BORN A CRIME, Trevor Noah / A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the host of “The Daily Show.”
- 13 (-). THE HILL TO DIE ON, Jake Sherman and Anna Palmer / A look at congressional gridlock and the first two years of Trump's presidency.
- 14 (-). CHARGED, Emily Bazelon / Issues created by mass incarceration and our criminal justice system are explored through the cases of two young people.
- 15 (-). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.