API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 10/13/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). KILLING THE SS, Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard / A look at the postwar manhunt for members of Hitler’s inner circle.
- 2 (1). SHIP OF FOOLS, Tucker Carlson / The Fox News anchor argues that America’s ruling class is out of touch with everyday citizens.
- 3 (-). PRESIDENTS OF WAR, Michael Beschloss / How American presidents waged wars and expanded the power of the executive branch.
- 4 (2). FEAR, Bob Woodward / Based on hours of interviews with sources, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes debates and decision-making within the Trump White House.
- 5 (3). THE FIFTH RISK, Michael Lewis / The author of "The Big Short" examines how the Trump administration staffs its federal agencies.
- 6 (5). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 7 (-). KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, David Grann / The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
- 8 (4). IN PIECES, Sally Field / A memoir by the two-time Academy Award and three-time Emmy Award winner.
- 9 (8). LEADERSHIP, Doris Kearns Goodwin / The challenges that shaped the leadership abilities of four presidents: Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 10 (10). THIRST, Scott Harrison / A memoir by the founder of the nonprofit Charity: Water.
- 11 (-). SPYGATE, Dan Bongino and DC McAllister with Matt Palumbo / A case for how President Trump’s opponents tried to sabotage the 2016 election.
- 12 (15). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 13 (6). GOOD AND MAD, Rebecca Traister / The history and cultural significance of women's anger.
- 14 (-). STOP MASS HYSTERIA, Michael Savage / The conservative commentator uses the Salem Witch Trials and the Red Scares of the early 20th century to contextualize criticisms of President Trump.
- 15 (-). LIARS, LEAKERS AND LIBERALS, Jeanine Pirro / The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.