API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 01/19/2019, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (1). BECOMING, Michelle Obama / The former first lady describes her journey from the South Side of Chicago to the White House, and how she balanced work, family and her husband’s political ascent.
- 2 (2). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 3 (3). THE FIRST CONSPIRACY, Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch / The story of a secret plot to kill George Washington in 1776.
- 4 (5). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 5 (-). FACTFULNESS, Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund / A look at our biases and the argument for why the world is in a better state than we might think.
- 6 (8). BAD BLOOD, John Carreyrou / The rise and fall of Theranos, the biotech startup that failed to deliver on its promise to make blood testing more efficient.
- 7 (-). AI SUPERPOWERS, Kai-Fu Lee / How artificial intelligence might affect blue-collar jobs and human history in the near future.
- 8 (6). THE LIBRARY BOOK, Susan Orlean / The story of the 1986 fire at the Los Angeles Public Library provides a backdrop to the evolution and purpose of libraries.
- 9 (-). WOMEN ROWING NORTH, Mary Pipher / Reflections on the ageism, misogyny and loss that women might encounter as they grow older.
- 10 (-). INHERITANCE, Dani Shapiro / Secrets and identity in a fast-paced age of science and technology are explored through the story of a woman who discovered her biological father.
- 11 (7). THE POINT OF IT ALL, Charles Krauthammer, / A collection of essays, speeches and unpublished writings by the late conservative columnist.
- 12 (4). THE TRUTHS WE HOLD, Kamala Harris / A memoir by a daughter of immigrants who was raised in Oakland, Calif., and became the second black woman ever elected to the United States Senate.
- 13 (-). 21 LESSONS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY, Yuval Noah Harari / Technological, political and social issues in the modern era, and the choices individuals might consider in facing them.
- 14 (-). HOW TO CHANGE YOUR MIND, Michael Pollan / A personal account of how psychedelics might help the mentally ill and people dealing with everyday challenges.
- 15 (-). ELON MUSK, Ashlee Vance / A technology writer follows Musk’s life from his difficult South African childhood to his involvement in Internet start-ups like the rocket company SpaceX and the electric-car company Tesla.