API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 11/16/2019, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (1). TRIGGERED, Donald Trump Jr / Forays into politics and views on liberals from the executive vice president of the Trump Organization.
- 2 (6). TALKING TO STRANGERS, Malcolm Gladwell / Famous examples of miscommunication serve as the backdrop to explain potential conflicts and misunderstandings.
- 3 (3). SAM HOUSTON AND THE ALAMO AVENGERS, Brian Kilmeade / The "Fox & Friends” host gives an account of the battle against the Mexican Army in 1836.
- 4 (-). WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, Nikki R Haley / A memoir by the former United States ambassador to the United Nations and governor of South Carolina.
- 5 (2). FINDING CHIKA, Mitch Albom / Lessons learned by the Alboms when they bring a Haitian orphan with a life-threatening illness into their family.
- 6 (4). ME, Elton John / The multi-award-winning solo artist's first autobiography chronicles his career, relationships and private struggles.
- 7 (8). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 8 (-). A SONG FOR YOU, Ron Crawford / A friend and collaborator gives her account of various aspects of her relationship with the late pop star Whitney Houston.
- 9 (9). CATCH AND KILL, Ronan Farrow / The Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter details some surveillance and intimidation tactics used to pressure journalists and elude consequences by certain wealthy and connected men.
- 10 (14). THE BODY, Bill Bryson / An owner’s manual of the human body covering various parts, functions and what happens when things go wrong.
- 11 (7). BLOWOUT, Rachel Maddow / The MSNBC host argues that the global oil and gas industry has weakened democracies and bolstered authoritarians.
- 12 (-). THE PLOT TO BETRAY AMERICA, Malcolm Nance / The former U.S. intelligence officer contends that members of the Trump administration have personal and financial ties to Vladimir Putin.
- 13 (13). I HEARD YOU PAINT HOUSES, Charles Brandt / A World War II veteran works for a crime boss and comes into contact with the union boss Jimmy Hoffa. The basis of the movie "The Irishman."
- 14 (11). THE BEAUTIFUL ONES, Prince / A memoir by the musician written before his death, with photos and other memorabilia detailing his evolution.
- 15 (-). BECOMING, Michelle Obama / The former first lady describes her journey from the South Side of Chicago to the White House, and how she balanced work, family and her husband’s political ascent.