API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 09/15/2018, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (-). FEAR, Bob Woodward / Based on hours of interviews with sources, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes debates and decision-making within the Trump White House.
- 2 (3). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 3 (5). THE RESTLESS WAVE, John McCain and Mark Salter / A memoir by the recently deceased Republican senator from Arizona.
- 4 (2). 21 LESSONS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY, Yuval Noah Harari / Technological, political and social issues in the modern era, and the choices individuals might consider in facing them.
- 5 (9). UNHINGED, Omarosa Manigault Newman / The reality TV star and former White House staffer describes her time and relationship with Donald Trump.
- 6 (-). ACCESSORY TO WAR, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Avis Lang / Observations of the two-way relationship between science and military power.
- 7 (6). THE RUSSIA HOAX, Gregg Jarrett / The Fox News analyst makes his case against the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
- 8 (1). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 9 (10). ASTROPHYSICS FOR PEOPLE IN A HURRY, Neil deGrasse Tyson / A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the laws that govern the universe.
- 10 (8). THE CODDLING OF THE AMERICAN MIND, Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt / An investigation of cultural trends that the authors argue are failing the next generation.
- 11 (7). EVERY DAY IS EXTRA, John Kerry / A memoir by the former Massachusetts senator, secretary of state and 2004 Democratic presidential nominee.
- 12 (-). CONTEMPT, Ken Starr / The former independent counsel recounts his investigation of the Clinton administration and its outcomes.
- 13 (12). BAD BLOOD, John Carreyrou / The rise and fall of Theranos, the biotech startup that failed to deliver on its promise to make blood testing more efficient.
- 14 (13). GRIT, Angela Duckworth / A psychologist argues that passion and perseverance are the keys to success.
- 15 (-). LIARS, LEAKERS AND LIBERALS, Jeanine Pirro / The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.