API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 10/07/2017, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (1). KILLING ENGLAND, Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard / Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
- 2 (-). WE WERE EIGHT YEARS IN POWER, Ta-Nehisi Coates / A series of essays that cover each year of the Obama administration, the writer's own journey and the echoes of American history in modern times.
- 3 (2). WHAT HAPPENED, Hillary Rodham Clinton / An inside look at her campaign, mistakes she made, outside forces that affected the outcome and how she recovered in its aftermath.
- 4 (-). THE DANGEROUS CASE OF DONALD TRUMP, edited Bandy X Lee / 27 psychiatrists and mental health experts give their assessments of the president.
- 5 (5). ASTROPHYSICS FOR PEOPLE IN A HURRY, Neil deGrasse Tyson / A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the laws that govern the universe.
- 6 (-). THE FOUR, Scott Galloway / A study of Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google, with suggestions on applying these companies' strategies to your own business or career.
- 7 (3). UNBELIEVABLE, Katy Tur / The NBC News correspondent describes her work covering the 2016 campaign of the Republican nominee for president and his behavior toward her.
- 8 (-). MARTIN LUTHER, Eric Metaxas / A biography of the monk whose writings sparked the Protestant Reformation.
- 9 (-). RECOVERY, Russell Brand / The actor and comedian describes his various addictions and how he was able to move away from them.
- 10 (8). HILLBILLY ELEGY, JD Vance / A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of the white working class through the story of his own childhood.
- 11 (6). THE GLASS CASTLE, Jeannette Walls / The author recalls a bizarre childhood. Originally published in 2005 and the basis of the movie.
- 12 (-). FROM HERE TO ETERNITY, Caitlin Doughty / An American undertaker chronicles the diversity of death practices around the globe, the better to argue for changes at home.
- 13 (7). THE PARADIGM, Jonathan Cahn / Ancient figures from the Middle East are used to explain the rise and fall of contemporary leaders and events.
- 14 (-). DARING TO HOPE, Katie Davis Majors / The author, who moved to Uganda and adopted 13 children, has her faith tested after facing tragedy.
- 15 (9). THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF GUCCI MANE, Gucci Mane with Neil Martinez-Belkin / A memoir by the East Atlanta hip-hop artist, who made a comeback.