API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 07/15/2017, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (3). HILLBILLY ELEGY, J D Vance / A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of the white working class through the story of his own childhood.
- 2 (4). ASTROPHYSICS FOR PEOPLE IN A HURRY, Neil deGrasse Tyson / A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the laws that govern the universe.
- 3 (1). REDISCOVERING AMERICANISM, Mark R Levin / The radio host argues that the founding fathers would be shocked by the expansion of modern government.
- 4 (5). AL FRANKEN, GIANT OF THE SENATE, Al Franken / A memoir by the Democratic senator from Minnesota and former “Saturday Night Live” writer and performer.
- 5 (2). DANGEROUS, Milo Yiannopoulos / The alt-right provocateur criticizes political correctness.
- 6 (-). THE GLASS CASTLE, Jeannette Walls / The author recalls a bizarre childhood. Originally published in 2005 and the basis of a forthcoming movie.
- 7 (6). THE SWAMP, Eric Bolling / The Fox News host suggests how Donald Trump can fight corruption and cronyism in Washington.
- 8 (9). OPTION B, Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant / Sandberg’s experience after her husband’s sudden death and Grant’s psychological research combine to provide insight on facing adversity and building resilience.
- 9 (11). KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, David Grann / The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians, whose lands contained oil.
- 10 (7). UNDERSTANDING TRUMP, Newt Gingrich / The former House speaker explains the president’s philosophy and political agenda.
- 11 (12). HUE 1968, Mark Bowden / An account of the Tet offensive battle that was a turning point in the American war in Vietnam.
- 12 (13). I CAN'T MAKE THIS UP, Kevin Hart with Neil Strauss / The comedian’s personal and professional life.
- 13 (-). HAMILTON: THE REVOLUTION, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter / The libretto of the Grammy-, Tony- and Pulitzer Prize-winning musical, annotated by its creator, along with backstage photos and interviews.
- 14 (-). BORN A CRIME, Trevor Noah / A memoir about growing up biracial in apartheid South Africa by the comedian, now the host of “The Daily Show.”
- 15 (-). EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE, Bill Nye / Part memoir, part celebration of science and problem-solving.