API Example: The New York Times Books API
This page shows the current top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Nonfiction" titles for 02/15/2020, fetched from The New York Times Books API. To see the Django views.py that calls and parses the API, visit the code on Github.
- 1 (1). OPEN BOOK, Jessica Simpson with Kevin Carr O’Leary / The singer, actress and fashion designer discloses times of success, trauma and addiction.
- 2 (2). A VERY STABLE GENIUS, Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig / The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists use firsthand accounts to chart patterns of behavior within the Trump administration.
- 3 (3). PROFILES IN CORRUPTION, Peter Schweizer / The author of “Clinton Cash” gives his evaluations of members of the Democratic Party.
- 4 (4). EDUCATED, Tara Westover / The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
- 5 (-). ON TYRANNY, Timothy Snyder / Twenty lessons from the 20th century about the course of tyranny.
- 6 (9). BECOMING, Michelle Obama / The former first lady describes her journey from the South Side of Chicago to the White House, and how she balanced work, family and her husband’s political ascent.
- 7 (6). JUST MERCY, Bryan Stevenson / A law professor and MacArthur grant recipient’s memoir of his decades of work to free innocent people condemned to death.
- 8 (8). TALKING TO STRANGERS, Malcolm Gladwell / Famous examples of miscommunication serve as the backdrop to explain potential conflicts and misunderstandings.
- 9 (5). WHY WE'RE POLARIZED, Ezra Klein / The editor at large and co-founder of Vox offers his take on what causes divisions in America.
- 10 (7). THE MAMBA MENTALITY, Kobe Bryant / Various skills and techniques used on the court by the Los Angeles Lakers player.
- 11 (14). SAPIENS, Yuval Noah Harari / How Homo sapiens became Earth’s dominant species.
- 12 (10). MAYBE YOU SHOULD TALK TO SOMEONE, Lori Gottlieb / A psychotherapist gains unexpected insights when she becomes another therapist’s patient.
- 13 (11). THE BODY KEEPS THE SCORE, Bessel van der Kolk / How trauma affects the body and mind, and innovative treatments for recovery.
- 14 (15). WHITE FRAGILITY, Robin DiAngelo / Historical and cultural analyses on what causes defensive moves by white people and how this inhibits cross-racial dialogue.
- 15 (-). TO SHAKE THE SLEEPING SELF, Jedidiah Jenkins / The son of conservative Christians cycles from Oregon to Patagonia, reconciling his sexuality with his upbringing.